Thursday, December 17, 2009

Empowerment

There is so much stuff on the internet about empowerment and life changing events. I almost groan when I come across another website or blog with rah rah new age, empowerment materials and a call for positivity. I do not mean to demean the practice of positive thinking, self care, and other new age retrends. I am just stating honestly, that I am pretty much over it all, having employed some practices and letting others fade away. I am better for it and so are those who associate with me by virtue of having to spend time with me. So, now you are probably wondering what this has to do with my business as a contract paralegal and LDA.

Legal documents have everything to do with empowerment.

My clients are taking care of their various problems/legal business in an effort to better their lives and the lives of those they love. Because I prepare their legal documents, I get to be a part of that growth. Today, I received an annual holiday report from one of my former clients. Her message forced me to reflect upon the changes this particular young lady has effected and the joys of life that she now experiences daily.

Without going into detail, this confident, well adjusted, successful and determined young lady took the steps to change her life. She did not cringe or whine about her situation - she took action. She went against the grain and against the advice of those who would deter her from her goals. She wanted a happier and peaceful life and to provide her son with the same. So, she educated herself and followed through on handling her own complex legal mattters. And, she did very well, not only in the courts, but her personal life has, as a result, florished. She is happy, always full of mirth and flirty with a sarcastic wit that is absolutely engaging. She is beautiful and kind, a loving mother and good friend. She is independent and capable and her future will be whatever she chooses it to be. She now knows who she is and loves herself and it is obvious to all. She is empowered.

I am delighted that I was able to be a small part of her process. This is one of the things I love about what I do. During this holiday season, please think about those you have helped, even a little, and how they have advanced because of your influence. Give yourself the credit you deserve and please, enjoy your holiday season - with peace, love and understanding. ~ Kat

No comments: